Set on 4 hectares of greenfield land along Myoora Road, this specialist 84 bed Private Hospital will provide the surrounding community with the following high-end surgery and therapy facilities;
- A radiology department equipped with CT, MRI, X-Ray and ultrasound imaging capabilities.
- Intensive care unit equipped with patient isolation rooms
- Hydrotherapy pool and gymnasium for physiotherapy
- Rehabilitation wards and hospital beds
- Six new specialist operating theatres and recovery rooms
- Specialist consulting suites and staff support offices
The hospital is inspired by the surrounding natural landscaped setting of Duffy’s Forest, which along with its natural beauty is steeped in Australian history. The hospital will be divided into 3 pavilion style buildings separated by landscaped courtyards which will provide an intuitive connection to the outdoors. The design of the hospital has allowed for a light filled building which will provide a positive influence on health and wellbeing as well as responding to the needs of patients, their families and hospital staff.
ADP are providing the design for the building services, including specialist facilities, throughout the hospital.
We carried out an initial due diligence report determining the existing infrastructure to the site and the associated impacts on the hospital development. This due diligence report, along with concept planning and sustainability advice, formed an important component of obtaining council DA approval and ensuring the project remains on-schedule.
Credit images: Bureau SRH