Sustainability Consultant – Sydney
Our Sydney Sustainability Team are growing and we are looking for a forward thinking, creative and experienced individual to join us as we position ourselves at the forefront of sustainable building design and Carbon Neutrality for our projects.
The start of 2020 has seen us working on innovative projects with progressive clients who want to go above and beyond the day to day ideals of ESD.
We are currently working on projects that are:
- Delivering holistic sustainability strategies across the design, construction and operation of high profile Sydney developments.
- Embedding key Living Building Challenge (LBC) Principles and Regenerative Design thinking in to fabric our projects and we are currently seeking to establish Australia’s first LBC certified cultural & environmental centre in NSW.
- Working closely with the GBCA to deliver a portfolio-wide Green Star Performance Certification, including working with an Australian health fund who want to uplift their portfolio of 14 existing healthcare buildings across austrlaia to meet Net Zero and Green Star standards.
- Seeking Carbon Neutral Certification. We are working alongside the Climate Active principles to develop a pathway to meet Net Zero Emissions (and beyond) by 2050 for a number of our commercial projects, retail shopping centres.
- Tackling the sustainability in the residential industry, focussing on how we can deliver, build to rent developments that embody energy efficiency, including projects that want to deliver net zero carbon outcomes for standalone homes.
- Embodying passive design principles through a sitewide passive design approach for an underground sports centre, with a unique focus on passive heating and cooling techniques and optimal indoor environmental quality, health and wellbeing.
With a real passion for sustainability across our National ESD team, we continue to grow our knowledge and expertise with regular inhouse and external training, have strong working relationships with key industry bodies such as the GBCA, ILFI and Engineers Declare and continue to educate and influence our clients with ongoing CPD presentations, networking and industry engagement.
We are seeking someone with a positive, inspiring, and passionate attitude towards sustainability who is looking for the opportunity to join our growing sustainability team based In Sydney. With a team first collaborative approach and a strong technical foundation, you will act as a senior ESD consultant working on multidisciplinary projects across multiple sectors.
You will have a background in sustainability, with experience working with Green Star, WELL and the Living Building Challenge (LBC) projects, including experience with delivering business as usual solutions for BCA Section J, BASIX and NatHERS with a broad understanding of NABERS Energy and Water. Experience in building physics modelling such as Energy, Daylight, Glare & CFD would be an advantage but is not essential.
As an experienced member of our ESD Sydney team, you will be comfortable with discussing and articulating sustainable design ideas, concepts, and project approaches. You will provide guidance and mentorship, including QA and informal training to junior members of the team and have an aspiration to further develop your client management and stakeholder relationship skills (internally and externally)
- Tertiary degree in a relevant engineering, environmental or architecture related profession
- 5+ years of diverse experience in the provision and delivery of ESD
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of Green Star rating tools with experience delivering various Green Star projects.
- Green Star Accredited Professional (GSAP) status (or working towards achieving it)
- A working or introductory knowledge of other sustainability rating tools, including the WELL Standard and the Living Building Challenge (LBC) frameworks
- Sound understanding of sustainability compliance measures including the NCC Section J (2016 & 2019 Provisions), NatHERS, BASIX or similar equivalent provisions.
Preferable but not essential Experience
- Accredited NABERS Assessor or experience working on NABERS Energy and NABERS Water project
- Accredited NatHERS assessors or experience using NatHERS software for residential projects
- Energy Modelling experience using IES
- Experience with Life Cycle Assessments (LCA) using E-tool or equivalent software.
- Experience in parametric modelling, including daylight, glare, reflectivity, solar access, CFD and any other relevant solution.
Perks of the job
- Attractive remuneration
- Health & Wellness Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Individual Learning & Development Programme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Career Progression
- Active Social Program
Sustainability forms a key part of our over growing ADP team.
As a company who believe in creating great environments with great people, we are happy to accommodate individuals with experience in other areas, show a real passion for sustainability in the built environment and who are ready to take their careers to the next level.